Summer Streets is an annual celebration of New York City's most valuable public space—our streets. Summer Streets provides space for healthy recreation and encourages New Yorkers to use more sustainable forms of transportation. In 2016, nearly 300,000 people took advantage of the open streets.
Astor Place will once again be one of the "rest stops", offering a fun array of activities including:
- "Los Trompos" spinning chairs.
- Giant Yurt featuring a Virtual reality climb to the top of Mount Everest
- "Food Sessions," complimentary food and meditation experience, online registration required
- Smellmapping (experience the smells of Astor Place!)
- Dog Park and Dog Run!
- Creativity Cubed - Mini spinning cube making with the Village Alliance.
Summer Streets takes place on the first three Satuardays of August, 5th, 12th and 19th, 7:00am - 1:00pm.
Visit the Summer Streets website by clicking here.