St. Marks Church-in-the-Bowery

131 E. 10th Street  
stmarksbowery.org

St. Marks Church-in-the-Bowery - 0

St.-Mark’s-in-the-Bowery Episcopal Church is one of the oldest sites of continuous worship in the City. The church was built in several stages with the original construction occurring in 1799, the steeple being built in the late 1820s, and the portico built in 1854—all upon what was once Peter Stuyvesant’s estate. Stuyvesant who was known for his influence during the early settlement years of the City—is buried on site. 

featured in: Institutional Inspiration Village Foundations